The per person fee includes table linens (not napkins), set up, tear down, cleaning fees, candle centerpieces, standard décor, twinkle lights indoors and outdoors, etc. and cannot be waived.
Retainer fee & Payment Schedule:
1st payment: $600 retainer fee is due at the time of booking your date.
2nd payment: $1800 payment is due 90 days prior to your event.
3rd payment: Remaining balance, per person fee and tax is due two weeks prior to your event.
Only 25% of all rentals and purchases will be charged 6% tax. There is a $45.00 charge for returned checks. There is a 3% handling fee for the use of credit cards.
The bar and the music shuts down at 11:00 pm with one hour until midnight to socialize and gather your personal items.
- Caterer's service area
- Table number holders (not numbers)
- Patio heaters for cool evenings
- Keg coolers (2 available)
- Lighted trees indoors and out
- Tables and Chairs
- Set up, tear down, clean up
- Dance floor w/ twinkle lights and greenery in the overhead pergola
- Elegant candlesticks & candles for each table
- Fire pit (for s'mores bar done by Grandview Catering or B.J.'s Catering only)
(a fire pit fee of $50, which includes wood, to be paid to Frog Pond Village)
- Bar (Bartenders are an additional charge. See "Alcohol & Beverages")
- Bride's private changing room
- Table linens (to the floor) with white overlays
- Frog Pond Village personnel on property during your event
Flowers & Décor:
You may choose any florist you wish.
We have a complete floral department (click on "Flowers" for more information)
We have a complete décor department (click on "Décor" for more information)
Note: If you choose to order flowers and décor from Frog Pond Village florist/decorator, all floral/décor items purchased or rented through FPV will be placed properly and torn down by Frog Pond Village at no charge. There is no charge to use any of our containers and/or vases.
All linens must be rented through FPV linen department only. This includes colored napkins, overlays, chair covers, chair sashes, and drapes for dance floor, alter, bridge and swing. (White napkins are provided through your caterer.)
We have a complete linens department (click on "Linens" for more information.)
All candles must be ordered through FPV floral department only. FPV standard candle centerpieces come with the rental of the ballroom at no charge. FPV offers additional votives with candles included for a charge of $1.50 each.
Sparkles, mints, confetti, jelly beans, smoke machines are not allowed, among some others.
(It is always best to check prior to your event to avoid any unwanted surprises.)
• If you are having your reception only at Frog Pond Village, your reserved time slot is 6:30 pm until midnight unless you purchase additional time to start earlier at $250.00 per hour. (We do not sell time by the 1/2 hour.)
• If you are having your ceremony and reception both at Frog Pond Village, you may come in two hours prior to your ceremony for preparation and photos at no additional cost and stay until midnight. Our standard start time for ceremonies is 5:00 pm. A 4:00 pm start time will be charged one additional hour etc.
Photography and Videography:
You may choose any photographer or videographer you wish. (View our recommendations by clicking on "Videographers" or "Photographers".)
Alcohol & Beverages:
(For our price list click here.) Coffee, iced tea and lemonade service can be arranged through your caterer.
You must purchase your alcohol, beverages , mixers, pop, garnishes, plasticware, bar incidentals, etc. from Frog Pond Village. NO outside alcohol may be brought in by hosting party or their guests. Frog Pond Village bartenders must serve all alcohol thru the bar. We do not allow any bottles of alcohol or pitchers to leave the bar. No alcohol may be consumed in the parking lot or on property except for designated areas and may not be taken beyond same. Anyone who does not comply with these rules set forth by the Michigan Liquor Control Commission will be asked to leave the premises immediately.
If you would like glassware for the bar, you will need to request this through your caterer.
I agree that the bar will not be open until after my wedding ceremony. The bar will remain open throughout your cocktail hour and reception unless you as the hosting party give us a special request to temporarily close it, say during dinner, which we do not recommend. Our bars shut down promptly at 11:00 pm and no alcohol will be served after this time.
We prefer you use one of our in-house caterers. Click on "Catering Services" for more information.
I understand that if I hire an outside caterer (one other than Grandview or B.J.‘s Catering), I must hire a professional licensed catering company that will give service (table clearing & general clean up) until 11:00 PM and I will pay the required outside catering fee of $ 500.00 at least 2 weeks before my event. I understand that my caterer must use china and silverware with the exception of the serving of hors ‘d oeuvres, cake, beer, wine, coffee. If you have hors ‘d oeuvres as your main meal you must use china for these as well.
You may choose any cake baker/designer you wish. (View our recommendation by clicking on "Cakes".)
You must use one of our in-house D.J.s (Northern D.J. Connections or Sounds Unlimited) unless you choose to hire a live band.
Click on "Disc Jockeys" for more information.
$500.00 is due two weeks prior to your event. This will be returned to you providing there are no damages, excessive cleaning fees, or unpaid balances due.
- Call us at 231-357-9128 and choose your date and check availability.
- Have us pencil you in (only if you are ready to send your reservation.)
- Click on "Reservation Form" below, complete the form online, print, sign
- Option 1: Scan and send your reservation/contract via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and call us at
231-357-9128 with your credit card information for payment of your retainer fee. (Remember that there is a 3% charge for credit card use.)
- Option 2: Send your reservation/contract and a check for your retainer fee via US mail to:
Frog Pond Village
P.O. Box 383
Interlochen, MI 49643
(Remember to keep a copy for yourself.)