Convenient to Los Angeles while still being far outside the sprawl of the city, Valencia, CA has plenty to offer vacationing families. The nearby reservoir provides a cooling respite from the heat of summer with its myriad water sports and a bit of adventure on its hiking trails.
Valencia is also famous for its Six Flags Magic Mountain theme park, a 262-acre wonderland of rides both tame and thrilling. Enjoy a placid stroll through the park’s beautifully manicured greenery or white-knuckle your way through some of the most famous roller coasters in the world during your fun-packed visit. There are several hotels near Six Flags Magic Mountain that make a convenient base for enjoying the area’s many attractions.
Six Flags Magic Mountain
For more than four decades, Six Flags Magic Mountain has been a top theme park destination, innovating thrilling rides and defining the theme park experience. Even now Magic Mountain leads the world with 19 roller coasters, more than any other amusement park. At 160 feet, its “Full Throttle” coaster has one of the tallest vertical loops on the planet.
In addition to the thrill rides, placid alternatives like the charming Orient Express trolley will take visitors to the park’s summit. It’s a great respite from thrill rides or a fun activity for all ages. For spectacular views of the park and surrounding countryside, the Sky Tower rises 38 stories into the air and features an observation deck.
Adjacent to the park is Six Flags Hurricane Harbor, a fun-filled water park that requires a separate entrance ticket. Rides for the whole family to enjoy are only part of what’s on offer, as there’s also plenty to make thrill seekers happy. Even the littlest visitors can get in on the fun with their own designated play areas.
- Hyatt Regency Valencia — After a day of fun at Six Flags, you can enjoy a delicious meal in the on-site restaurant before taking a refreshing dip in the outdoor pool. At just over five minutes from the theme park, it’s convenient as well. Click here to visit their website to learn more.
- Comfort Suites — Located around 10 minutes from Magic Mountain, this budget lodging offers proximity as well as a complimentary breakfast, Wi-Fi and parking.
- Claim Jumper — Featuring American cuisine in a laid back, rustic setting, this family-friendly restaurant has a varied menu for adults and children alike.
- Johnny Rockets — Fun for the whole family and especially the kids, this classic burger joint offers up quick meals in a lighthearted atmosphere.
- Egg Plantation — Perfect for round-the-clock meals and always a hit with kids, this casual restaurant serves up a dizzying array of omelets in addition to other breakfast favorites and sandwiches.
- Fly — There are several area airports, Burbank being the closest and Los Angeles International being the most popular. There’s rail, taxi and bus service to the greater Valencia area from LA.
- Ride — There is a Metrolink line from Los Angeles to Santa Clarita and local bus service to limited points in Valencia.
- Drive — Rental cars are available at all airports and locally. Plus, there are ride share drivers available at all hours.