If you had any doubts or misgivings about the prevalence of camper vans and recreational vehicles in today’s day and age, take a look at some of the facts and figures shown below:
- During the past year, the sale of tents and alternative camping shelters added up to more than $349 million.
- Upwards of 40 million people participated in RV camping expeditions during the past 12 months, including more than 10.6 million children under the age of 18.
- Only 16% of Americans like to take hiking trips whereas 54% of Americans enjoy extended weekend-long camping getaways.
- Over 430,000 recreational vehicles were shipped and sold during the past year.
- The retail value of these camper vans is upwards of USD$16 billion.
- More than 10% of American households now own camper vans and other recreational vehicles, up from just 8% in 2005.
- RVing is actually quite affordable, as evidenced by the fact that the median income of today’s RVer is $60,000.
- 40% of RV enthusiasts have children under the age of 18 living at home.
The Best Way to Get Started on Your RV Experience
Contrary to popular belief, the most expeditious and cost-effective way to embark on your very own RV journey is to partner with a renowned agency and rent a campervan; after all, it’s in your best interests to dip your toe into the water before diving in headfirst.
Also, instead of renting a massive hitch or full-size motorhome, you’ll be best served by renting a smaller modified minivan for your first camping experience. This will allow you to access all of the integral amenities of a full-size fifth wheel without being forced to drive or tow something that may be out of your wheelhouse, so to speak.
The Customized Features
If you reach out to a reputable RV rental firm, you’ll be able to reserve your very own augmented Dodge Caravan equipped with the following features:
- Two bench seats
- Two double beds
- Two butane gas stoves
- Functional sink with a tap and drain
- Suitable refrigerator
- Kitchenette replete with a full assortment of cookware
- Built-in 5.2 gallon water tank and 6.6 gallon wastewater tank
- Television, DVD player, CD player, and radio
- Retractable window blinds
- Internal table and plenty of seating
- Ample storage space
The Benefits of Renting
In addition to the fact that you’ll be able to whip around the country in a custom-built camper van, your rental agency will also be able to provide the following value-added bonuses within your rental rate:
- Unlimited mileage
- Included linens, bedspreads, camping chairs, and GPS
- Comprehensive pickup and drop-off service
- Personalized itinerary advice
- Various revolving perks such as free ski tickets, day passes to attractions, military discounts, Thanksgiving specials, and more
- Inclusive support from helpful in-house staff members while you’re on the road